England's Official Royal Wedding Photo
I just watched the Royal wedding today on BBC America, and it was beautiful. I just adore the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince William and Catherine (Kate) Middleton. They are so contemporary in their attitudes and perspective in life. It is great to see a new light in the monarchy. They are such an adorable and endearing couple ｡◕ ‿ ◕｡
Photo by Reuters
A beautiful 9 years in the making, from friends to husband and wife, this romantic journey of Prince William and Catherine Middleton was solidified on Friday, 29 April 2011 at Westminster Abbey in London. A gorgeous celebration well deserved for the beautiful couple. Even though some traditions were followed, I love their personal twist on their big day, showing their nontraditional royal ways, a very true modern relationship, carving their own way for a new future.
God bless them and I wish them the best in life and a beautiful and happy future together.
Photo by AFP Getty Images
Read or Watch more about their wedding here:
The Royal Wedding - Prince William and Catherine Middleton Youtube Channel
Official Royal Wedding website
Wikipedia -Royal Wedding
BBC Images of the Royal Wedding
Photo by Reuters**Fun Beauty Fact:
Not only is Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge a fashionista, she is a beauty guru herself.
She did her own makeup and hair on her wedding day! And might I say she looks gorgeous!
Photo by AP (Associated Press)*Fun Wedding Facts:
- Kate's wedding band is made from Welsh gold. ( A rare gold found exclusively in two areas of Wales)
- Kate's engagement ring (a 18 carat blue sapphire surrounded by a cluster of 14 diamonds) was Prince William's mother, Princess Diana Spencer's engagement ring to Prince Charles in 1981.
- Kate's dress is made by English designer Sarah Burton at Alexander McQueen
- Kate wore a Cartier Scroll Tiara, made in 1936 and lent to her by the Queen.
- They had 1,900 guest at the wedding ceremony at Westminster Abbey.
- They had about 300 at an intimate family and friends reception
- At the church ceremony hats were required.
- Youtube live stream - an estimated 400 million people tuned in around the world
- 22.8 million people in the US and 24 million people in the UK watched the wedding on television.
Lastly, just for fun, when I was out recently, I took some pictures of some Bath & Body Works products honoring the royal wedding.